Low-Pressure Resolutions: 5 Healthy Resolutions You Can Knock Out in 5 Minutes or Less by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
Most people love the idea of starting the new year off on the right foot. Maybe it’s the eggnog or all the holiday cheer, but this is the time of year when lofty aspirations fill the air. Sadly, by February, 80 percent of the do-gooders throw in the towel because they aimed too high.
Instead, focus on easy and attainable. Here are five low-pressure resolutions that you can do in five minutes (or less) that will make you healthier every day:
- Move. A two-minute crunch fest first thing in the morning will get the juices flowing.
- Breathe. Life is stressful, but breathing can help your body manage inputs without hitting the panic button.
- Drink water. Every cell, tissue and organ in your body needs water to thrive, so shoot for eight glasses a day.
- Schedule sleep. Sleep deprivation causes all sorts of health problems. Set a lights-out alarm to make sure you get enough.
- Say no to that meeting or second glass of wine. It only takes a second to practice healthy boundaries every day.
Resolutions don’t have to be hard or time consuming. These five life hacks will improve your health in less time than it takes to make your first cup of coffee!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links. The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.