This Simple Garlic Green Beans Recipe Is Why You Need a Garlic Press Now by Donna John
In cooking, sometimes it's a simple thing that can make a dish extraordinary. It can be one ingredient like in mayo potatoes and lemon scrambled eggs, a cooking technique like high heat in 450-degree roasted potatoes and three-ingredient crispy broccoli, or a cooking tool like in these simple garlic green beans.
When my grandma passed, I inherited not only her bundt pan, rolling pin and measuring spoons, but her garlic press. I've learned over the years that using a garlic press is a gamechanger. Minced garlic is fine, but when garlic cloves are squeezed through a garlic press, you not only get crushed garlic, but the garlic juices, which adds incredible garlic flavor to dishes.
This simple and easy garlic green bean recipe packs a punch of garlic. Garlic lovers will be over the moon. To make these green beans all you need is green beans, olive oil, fresh garlic, salt and black pepper – and a garlic press. Serve these flavorful green beans as a side dish with your favorite meals. I served mine with spaghetti and meatballs.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, pressed (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- If you like your green beans soft, continue cooking and adding more water until they reach desired doneness.
- For extra flavor, stir in some crushed red pepper flakes or Tuscan seasoning.
- The leftover green beans are delicious tossed in a salad.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the green beans into a skillet with about 1/4 cup water. Cook until green beans are crisp-tender, or to your desired tenderness. Add more water, if needed, as they cook. Don't add too much because you want it to be evaporated when the beans are done cooking.
- When beans are tender, press the garlic into the skillet. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.7g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 8.8g
Dietary Fiber: 3.9g
Total Sugars: 1.6g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.