Mediterranean Lemon Roasted Broccoli Recipe: A Healthy Side Dish That Tastes Amazing by Elisa Schmitz
If you ask me, the best thing about the Mediterranean Diet is that it tastes so good. Sure, it's really good for you (be sure to check out the health benefits of the Mediterranean Diet). But I've found that no matter how good something is for you, it can't do a thing for you if you won't eat it! That's why it's awesome that so many Mediterranean recipes are packed with tons of mouth-watering flavor.
Take this easy Mediterranean lemon roasted broccoli recipe, for example. You know how good broccoli is for you, but chances are so much better that you'll eat more of it if it tastes amazing, right? Well, this broccoli recipe tastes amazing!
Here are the healthful ingredients you need for this flavorful vegetable recipe: fresh broccoli, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Greek or Mediterranean seasoning, garlic powder and oregano. The broccoli is tossed into the Mediterranean lemon mixture then roasted in the oven until crisp-tender. This tasty broccoli can be served as a gluten-free vegetable side dish with your favorite protein for dinner.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Greek / Mediterranean
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 bunches broccoli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 to 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning or Mediterranean seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- You can use Greek, Mediterranean or even Italian seasoning in a pinch.
- I prefer to use fresh lemon juice, but you can use bottled lemon juice if needed.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Greek or Mediterranean seasoning, garlic powder and oregano. Whisk to combine.
- Add broccoli to the mixing bowl and stir to coat the broccoli in the mixture. Pour the broccoli into an 8x8-inch baking pan or casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes, until broccoli is crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Analyzed by VeryWellFit
Total Fat: 7.3g
Saturated Fat: 1.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 4.6g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
Total Sugars: 1g
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. Any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, but it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.