Lemony Turmeric Broccoli Recipe: It's a Healthy Broccoli Recipe, But You'll Eat It for the Taste by Donna John
Broccoli is a favorite vegetable in my house. There's always a bag of broccoli crowns in my produce drawer. The health benefits of broccoli is reason enough, but it is really the taste and versatility that makes it show up so much in my recipe rotation.
I've cooked broccoli so many different ways, from roasted garlic broccoli to crispy Parmesan broccoli to sweet soy broccolini to whole roasted broccoli to broccoli al vapore. This quick and easy broccoli recipe uses refreshing lemon and healthy turmeric. What's your favorite way to prepare broccoli?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 - 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- olive oil (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the broccoli and about 1/4 cup of water into a skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Continue to cook until broccoli is to desired tenderness, about 3 minutes, stirring often.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.