Most-Requested 4-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars Recipe by Kathy Widenhouse
These delicious chocolate chip peanut butter bars will blow your mind. Just four ingredients? Yes! In the oven in less than 10 minutes? Yes, it's true! This is one dessert recipe you've got to try now. This simple dessert recipe for chocolate chip peanut butter squares is the ultimate easy cookie bar and a favorite from the iconic Pillsbury Bake-Off. Try them once and you'll be hooked. These cookies are so good!
The chocolate chip peanut butter cookie bars are four simple ingredients: refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, powdered sugar, creamy peanut butter and vanilla extract. The cookie dough is used as the crust and the topping for these bar cookies, which makes them so easy to prepare. Beat the powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla to make the creamy filling.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1 roll (16 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Try other nut butters in this recipe, like almond butter or cashew butter.
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for a glass dish). Set out an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Cut cookie dough in half. Break up half the dough into small pieces and press the dough evenly onto the bottom of the ungreased baking pan.
- Spoon the peanut butter mixture into the pan. Use the back of the spoon to press it evenly across cookie base.
- Crumble the remaining half of the cookie dough into as many small pieces as possible. Sprinkle dough pieces over the peanut butter surface. Use your fingertips to gently work the dough, spreading it carefully and as evenly as possible to cover the peanut butter layer.
- Bake cookies for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove baking pan from the oven. Allow bars to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate pan until bars are chilled, about 1 hour.
- Use a sharp knife to cut cookies into four rows by four rows (or any other size you wish.) Remove bars from the pan with a spatula.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 27.5g
Saturated Fat: 7.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 48.6g
Dietary Fiber: 2.3g
Total Sugars: 36.3g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.