Decadent 7-Layer Bar Cookie Recipe: Just 7 Ingredients to Dessert Perfection by Kathy Widenhouse
If you've never made seven-layer bar cookies, you're in for a real treat. This decadent cookie bar recipe blends chocolate and butterscotch chips with chopped nuts and flaked coconut. With this recipe, you're just seven ingredients away from dessert perfection.
If that's not enough to convince you, here are two more reasons to keep this amazing seven-layer bar cookie recipe in the “go to” part of your recipe file: there’s no mixing (none!) and the bars always look and taste great.
These cookie bars need only seven simple ingredients: butter, graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, chopped nuts and flaked coconut. Serve these easy, delicious cookie bars for dessert or as a sweet snack. Be sure to make enough to share with friends, family and neighbors, because everyone loves them!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 large graham crackers)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6-ounce bag) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6-ounce bag) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup sweet flaked coconut
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Try your favorite nuts in this recipe. We like walnuts and pecans.
Here's how you make it:
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray the sides of the foil to prevent bars from sticking to the sides of the foil when you remove bars. Cut the butter into the pan. Set the pan in the heated oven to melt butter.
- Remove the pan from the oven when butter is melted. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over the melted margarine. The crumbs will be absorbed by the butter to create the crust. Gently shake the pan back and forth sideways to allow excess crumbs to be absorbed.
- Layer chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and chopped nuts evenly over the crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over bars. Use an angled spatula to spread milk into spots that are not covered. Sprinkle the coconut on top.
- Bake bars 25 to 30 minutes in a preheated 350-degree F oven until lightly browned. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack. Lift the foil out of the pan and set the bars onto a cutting board. Peel away foil. Cut the bars. Store bars loosely covered at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 30.7g
Saturated Fat: 16.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 52.1g
Dietary Fiber: 2.6g
Total Sugars: 43.1g
Vitamin D: 5mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.