Vintage Homemade Playdough Recipe: A Fun, Budget-Friendly Indoor Activity for Kids by Ann Marie Patitucci
I remember playing with play dough a lot when I was a kid. My siblings and I all loved it. We used the dough and a bunch of accessories, some purchased and some found around the house, and let our imaginations run wild.
The best part: our mom made the play dough so we could choose the colors and we never ran out! Here is her treasured recipe, over 40 years old. To store, wrap dough in plastic wrap and keep in an airtight container (my mom always used a coffee can).
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups hot water
- a few drops of food coloring, or as much needed to achieve your preferred color
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and vegetable oil. Add water and food coloring. Stir over low heat until dough forms.
- Cool, then knead until smooth. Give to your kids and let their imaginations run wild!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.