How to Grow Cantaloupe From Seed: Why You Should Save Those Melon Seeds for Your Garden by Tiffany Everett
Here's how to grow a cantaloupe from a seed in six easy steps:
- Grab a cantaloupe that you have finished eating or one that may not be in the best shape to eat.
- Pick out the seeds from the cantaloupe. Take your time and decide how many cantaloupe you will have room to accommodate. Keep in mind that they will need plenty of space to grow.
- Clean the seeds off with a paper towel or lay them out to dry for a day.
- Plant the seeds in soil. I made soil that sits on the porch, which allows me to have soil anytime I'm ready to plant seeds. It is a great way to save time.
- Water the seedlings. You will want to water them weekly, being careful not to over water them. Once a week apply fertilizer to provide them with the nutrients needed to continue growing.
- Sit back and watch your seedlings grow into adults.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.