Get Growing, America: 8 Ways to Use Gardening to Enhance Our Planet by Marge Jesberger
Here are just a few suggestions that will keep your own landscapes looking beautiful. So dig out your gardening tools and get growing!
1. Put your green thumb to good use. Many cities and towns want businesses and organizations to sponsor a portion of land along a roadway. Everyone who drives by will see your plantings change from season to season.
2. Become like Johnny Appleseed. Send a packet of seeds in a greeting card. Throw some wildflower seeds in a field or planter.
4. Every year at the same time, take a photo of your kids or grandkids in front of a tree. You will see how much the tree and your children have grown over a period of time. Think of it as nature’s measuring stick.
5. Add more to your daily walk. Change your routine and be more observant. Say hello to your neighbors and take along a paper bag. You never know when you will come across a soft drink bottle or can. You will help clean up the environment and might even find a lucky penny along the way.
7. Plant pollinators. Grow plants that will encourage birds and butterflies to stop by.
8. Attract the birds. Put up some bird feeders or bird houses for your feathered friends and watch them flock to your backyard.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.