College Freshmen Advice: 12 Tips for College Success From a Seasoned Professor by Ann Marie Patitucci
Have a child headed to college? I wrote 23 tips for academic success for The Huffington Post. Here's a sample!
- Get to know your instructors.
- Read your syllabi closely.
- Plan ahead and stay on top of your work.
- Always do the assigned readings.
- Work on improving your writing (learn how to cite sources).
- Use email etiquette.
- Take a course outside of your program.
- Choose your major carefully.
- Choose your friends carefully, too.
- Get involved in campus life.
- If you need support, ask for it.
- Call your parents!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.