Mediterranean Grilled Lamb Chops Recipe With Herb Garlic Butter by 30Seconds Food
Lamb is a popular meat in the Mediterranean, especially Greece, and is included in the Mediterranean Diet. Lamb chops are an easy cut of lamb to prepare and cook at home. These easy Mediterranean grilled lamb chops are bathed in a herb garlic butter as they cook, adding richness and flavor to the meat.
To make this easy grilled lamb recipe, you will need just a few simple ingredients: lamb chops, olive oil, garlic, butter, fresh oregano and fresh rosemary. Start by mixing up the quick garlic herb butter. Grill the lamb chops in a cast iron skillet or on a grill pan, basting with the garlic butter, until they reach the temperature you like.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 18 to 25 minutes
- 6 - 8 lamb chops, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Grill Pan
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Garlic Press
- Pepper Grinder
- Meat Thermometer
- Basting Brush
- Rare lamb chops will have an internal temperature of 140 degrees F and take about 8 minutes. Medium is between 150 and 160 degrees F and takes about 12 minutes. Well done is at 160 degrees F and takes about 15 minutes.
- For even more flavor, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the chops at the ending of grilling.
- You could also cook the lamb chops on an outdoor grill.
- Try other herbs in the compound butter like thyme, parsley or mint.
Here's how to make it:
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, oregano and rosemary. Set aside.
- Drizzle a cast iron skillet or grill pan with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Put the lamb chops into the pan. Cook for about 4 minutes on the first side, then flip the chops over and cook about 4 minutes more.
- Continue cooking, basting with the garlic herb butter, until lamb reaches your desired doneness (see Recipe Notes). Use a meat thermometer to determine doneness.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 40.8g
Saturated Fat: 15.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 2.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6g
Total Sugars: 0.1g
Vitamin D: 4mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.