Easy Pot Roast Meatloaf Recipe Gives You Twice the Comfort Food Feels by Donna John
Meatloaf and pot roast are two of the most iconic and well-known comfort food dishes. This Sunday pot roast meatloaf recipe combines both of those favorites into one dinner with double the comforting feels! It's a flavorful meatloaf baked with vegetables that is the best of both worlds.
To make this easy pot roast meatball you will need ground beef, evaporated milk, crackers, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, onions, carrots and potatoes. The meatloaf ingredients are mixed together and shaped into a loaf in a baking dish. Surround the moist meat mixture with cut-up vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and bake until the meatloaf is cooked through and the vegetables tender. Delicious!
This is a very moist ground beef meatloaf because of the evaporated milk. The meatloaf almost melts in your mouth. This meatloaf is a complete meal, but you could add a crisp garden salad on the side.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours (ovens vary)
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup crushed cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- onions, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- carrots, cut into chunks
- potatoes, cut into chunks
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Aluminum Foil
- Airtight Containers
- Adjust the amount of carrots, onions and potatoes to fit your family's taste and size. I used four Yukon gold potatoes, three carrots and half of a large onion.
- Sprinkle the top of the cooked meatloaf with parsley flakes for a little color.
- If you want more seasoning on your vegetables, sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder or your favorite seasonings.
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf in a lightly oiled casserole dish.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and onion around the meatloaf. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. You can uncover the meatloaf during the last 15 minutes or cooking.
- Let the meatloaf rest a few minutes before slicing and serving with the vegetables.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.8g
Saturated Fat: 4.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 26.7g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Total Sugars: 10.8g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.