Grandma's 4-Ingredient Beef Pot Roast Recipe Has Stood the Test of Time by 30Seconds Food
Need a new idea for dinner? There are classic recipes out there that just stand the test of time. This easy three-packet beef roast recipe is one of them. We bet everyone's grandma made this easy pot roast recipe! If not, maybe it's time to introduce this old-fashioned slow-cooker pot roast recipe to your family.
Simply put the roast into the slow cooker, combine the packets with water, pour, cover and walk away. In six to eight hours you will be sitting down to the best comfort food meal. If you are watching your sodium, buy low-sodium gravy mix. (Yes, this old-fashioned recipe does have a lot of sodium due to the premade ingredients.)
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 to 8 hours
Total Time: 6 to 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet (1 ounce) dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet (.7 ounces) dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 packet (.75 ounces) dry brown gravy mix
- Use the leftovers for pot roast sandwiches.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the water, ranch dressing mix, Italian dressing mix and brown gravy mix. Whisk to combine.
- Put the roast into a slow cooker. Pour the liquid over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours or until tender.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Analyzed by VeryWellFit
Total Fat: 142.1g
Saturated Fat: 56.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 1.8g
Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
Total Sugars: 0.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. Any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, but it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.