Mouth-watering 3-Ingredient Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Think you need lots of ingredients – and canned soup – to make a cheesy hash brown casserole? Nope! This easy hash brown casserole recipe has just three ingredients. Three! With simple prep, you can have this potato recipe in the oven in five minutes. While it bakes, make chicken, beef, pork, lamb or even seafood to go with it.
This three-ingredient cheesy hash brown casserole is made with frozen hash brown potatoes, heavy cream and shredded cheddar cheese. The ingredients are baked for about 55 minutes or until melty, cheesy and golden. Sprinkle with some black pepper before serving for a little extra flavor.
You can serve this irresistible potato dish as a side dish, but it would be delicious for brunch or breakfast, too. Serve with eggs, bacon or sausage, toast or biscuits. How about throwing some cooked, crispy bacon, ham or sausage into the casserole before baking? You. Are. Welcome.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- You can add other ingredients into this casserole before baking like chopped green onions, chopped cooked bacon, ham, sausage or even finely chopped broccoli or red pepper.
- You can use shredded hash browns or diced hash browns.
- Freshly grated cheese melts better than prepackaged, so grate your own fresh if you can.
Here's how to make it:
- Grease a 6-cup casserole dish. Put half of the potatoes into the dish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Top with remaining hash browns and more salt and pepper. Top with remaining cheese. Pour the cream over the top.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 38.5g
Saturated Fat: 18g
Total Carbohydrate: 38g
Dietary Fiber: 3.3g
Total Sugars: 1.8g
Vitamin D: 23mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.