Shortcut Brookies Recipe: When Brownies & Chocolate Chip Cookies Collide by Donna John
Wondering what the heck a brookies are? Brookies are what happen when you bake chocolate chip cookie dough batter and brownie batter together. Amazing, right? Instead of making each dough from scratch (very time consuming!) this easy brookies recipe starts with a box of brownie and chocolate chip cookie mix. The result is a quick, heavenly dessert recipe.
To make these shortcut brookies you will need the following ingredients: a box of fudge brownies and a package of chocolate chip cookie mix. That's all she wrote! Serve these simple cookie bars for dessert or a fun after-school or work snack.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1 box (19 ounces) fudge brownie mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 1 package (17 ounces) chocolate chip cookie mix, plus ingredients to make it
- Store the brookies in an airtight container to keep them moist.
Here's how to make it:
- Mix the brownie ingredients in a bowl according to package directions. Spread onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Make the cookie dough according to package directions, with the exception of melting the butter if called for. Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the brownie batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 2.3g
Saturated Fat: 1.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 16.6g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
Total Sugars: 10.3g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.