20-Minute Creamy Spinach Artichoke Macaroni & Cheese Recipe Will Blow Your Mind by 30Seconds Food
The ingredient list for this creamy 20-minute mac and cheese is not long at all: olive oil, flour, garlic, artichoke hearts, baby spinach, milk, pasta, mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. The ingredients cook in an ovenproof skillet on the stovetop then is quickly popped under the broiler to brown the top. Cheesy goodness on overload!
Be sure to share the recipe with friends and family. (Just click the print button above.) We guarantee you will get recipe requests for this easy macaroni and cheese recipe.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 bags (5 ounces each) baby spinach
- 3 cups milk, half and half or nut milk
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- If you don't have elbow macaroni, any short pasta will work for this recipe.
- You don't have to broil the macaroni and cheese at the end if you don't care if the top is browned.
- Shred blocks of cheese for this recipe. Freshly shredded cheese melts better than pre-shredded bagged cheese.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet, preferably a cast iron skillet. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until it turns light brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the artichoke hearts and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until pasta is al dente and milk has reduced by at least half, about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the mozzarella and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese has melted. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Put the skillet under a preheated broiler until it melts and starts to lightly brown.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.