Garlic Parmesan Macaroni & Cheese Recipe Is Worth the Garlic Breath by Donna John
A bowl of breath mints may be required after eating this creamy garlic Parmesan macaroni and cheese recipe. But you probably won't hear any complaints. This easy mac and cheese recipe is super creamy and uses three kinds of cheese: cheddar, Parmesan and mozzarella. The garlic adds a deliciousness that only garlic can.
Here's your shopping list for this creamy garlic Parmesan macaroni and cheese recipe: elbow macaroni, butter, panko breadcrumbs, garlic, flour, milk, cornstarch, chicken bouillon granules, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. The mac and cheese starts on the stovetop and finishes in the oven. So quick and easy!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions to al dente
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Here's how to make it:
- For the topping, melt the 2 tablespoons butter in an ovenproof skillet. Add the panko and cook, stirring, until golden. Set aside.
- Melt the 1/4 cup butter in the skillet. Add the garlic and cook about 1 minute. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to combine. Slowly whisk in all but 1/2 cup of the milk. Bring to a boil and cook until it thickens up. Add the cornstarch to the remaining milk and stir to combine. Pour into the milk mixture. Add the chicken bouillon granules and season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat.
- Add the cheddar, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan and the mozzarella. Stir until well blended. Add the pasta. Mix well.
- Top with the panko crumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.