Mediterranean Marinated Feta Cheese Recipe: Snacking Just Got a Little Better by Donna John
Picture this: You, a glass of your favorite wine, a freshly toasted baguette, olives and a jar of marinated feta cheese. You are welcome. But if you think great taste is the only reason to make this recipe, you're mistaken. Why? Because feta is fabulous!
Not only is feta cheese delicious, feta is said to be the healthiest cheese in the world. Feta may boost your immune system and support bone health, and it is high in nutrients and probiotics. You know what else is fabulous? This simple marinated feta appetizer that is so simple to make.
To make marinated feta you will need feta cheese, herbes de provence, whole peppercorns, olive oil and a red chile. The feta is cubed, put into a jar and then the other ingredients are poured over the top. Let the feta chill out and marinate for at least three hours, then open the jar and serve with toothpicks, crackers, toasted bread, vegetables or on a charcuterie board.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Greek / Mediterranean
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 3 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours and 5 minutes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 - 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red chile, split in half (optional)
- Instead of herbes de provence, try Mediterranean seasoning, Greek seasoning, Italian seasoning or any combination of dried herbs.
- If you don't have a jar, use an airtight container.
Here's how to make it:
- Add the feta cheese to a glass jar with a lid.
- Add the Herbes de Provence and peppercorns.
- Pour the olive oil over the cheese. Top with the chile, if using.
- Seal the jar and allow the cheese to marinate at least 3 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 20.8g
Saturated Fat: 5.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 0.8g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 0.8g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.