Grandma's 8-Minute Peanut Brittle Recipe Is What to Munch On by Judy Thow
Love a sweet piece of peanut brittle but think it would take too long to make? Got eight minutes? Peanut brittle in eight minutes? You read right! This easy peanut brittle recipe makes the perfect food gift for friends and family or a sweet snack anytime.
Here is your short shopping list for grandma's easy peanut brittle: granulated sugar, corn syrup, peanuts, butter, vanilla extract and baking soda. The peanut candy is made in the microwave! Simple. After being cooked for eight minutes, it's poured onto a baking sheet, cooled and broke into pieces.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 30 to 1 hour to cool
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour (approximately)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Instead of peanuts, you could us almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, almonds or walnuts. Or how about a mixed nut brittle? Sounds pretty good!
- Store the brittle in an airtight food container.
Here’s how you make it:
- Stir sugar and syrup together in 1 1/2-quart casserole. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts. Microwave on high 3 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla to syrup, blending well. Microwave on high 1 minute. (Caution: syrup is very hot!)
- Add baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy. Quickly pour and spread mixture evenly on greased cookie sheet. Let cool 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- When cool, break into small pieces. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 17.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
Total Sugars: 12.3g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.