Shine Bright Like the Sun: Striving to Bring Our Best Selves, Despite All the Fire by Elisa Schmitz
This weekend, we have no hot water in our house. But we have running water, and I am grateful.
Last week, I was out of office and didn’t get my “regular” work done, so I’m way behind. But I recorded an audiobook for Become the Fire, and I am grateful.
Next week, I have several medical appointments to tend to some health issues that are progressing. But I have good health-care providers, and I am grateful.
This year, mi madre’s Alzheimer’s disease progressed to the point where she’s now in memory care. But she’s doing very well, and my sister, mi madre and my father sang "Happy Birthday" to me via FaceTime, and I am grateful.
This year, my brother was diagnosed with cancer. But he received the right treatment and is now cancer-free, and I am grateful.
There’s so much more I could say because chaos is relentless, creating constant fires we must battle. But those flames can also bring positive things, and that fire can be fuel:
- Because helping makes me feel good.
- Because there’s nothing like creating something, or overcoming obstacles, or seeing your loved ones grow and thrive.
- Because there’s incredible satisfaction in hearing that something you said or did made an impact on someone’s life.
- Because there’s indescribable peace in knowing that you made a positive difference, no matter how big or small.
- Because there’s pure joy in knowing that you made your corner of the world a better place.
- Because I’m still a work in progress, I remind myself each day that all I can do is be my best self. That I am not being burned by the fire; I am the fire. And that makes life better.
I don’t know what this new year will bring. But I do know that I am one year stronger, wiser, braver and more resilient. So come what may, I know I’ve got this.
And, in case you need to hear it, I know you’ve got this, too. We've got this. So let’s keep shining bright like the sun, and let’s be our best selves, today and every day.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.