"Game of Thrones" Party Ideas: 15 Fun Foods to Serve at Your GoT Viewing Party by Donna John
Season 8 of Game of Thrones debuted Sunday (finally!), which means lots of people had viewing parties. With the new season being the final season and only six episodes long, every Sunday night is worthy of a Game of Thrones party. Here are some fun food ideas to get in the theme that I served at my get-together:
Jon Sno-balls: A bowl filled with Hostess Snoballs equals the easiest Jon Snow dessert ever.
Dragon Eggs:Turn your favorite deviled egg recipe into Daenerys Targaryen's dragon eggs. Simply hard-boil eggs as usual. Crack the egg shells all over by tapping them on a cutting board. Put some food coloring into a plastic zipper bag with about 1/2 teaspoon of water. Add the eggs and gently shake the bag until the eggs are completely covered with food coloring. Peel to reveal the beautiful "dragon egg" pattern.
Sansa-wiches: Make a cold cut platter with your favorite lunch meats (turkey, ham, chicken, roast beef, etc.) and a tray of sandwich fillings (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, olives, cucumber, etc.). Put out mayo, mustard and bread, and let your guests make their own Sansa-wiches. The Lady of Winterfell would approve.
Wildfire Guacamole: A bowl of homemade guacamole has the same hue as the wildfire that destroyed the Great Sept of Baelor. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.
Here are some other creative Game of Thrones-themed food ideas:
- Make your favorite chicken wings recipe and label them "Dragon's Wings."
- Find a recipe for a meat pie and serve it as a "Frey Pie."
- Serve lemon bars or lemon cookies, which Olenna and Margaery Tyrell ate with Sansa at the Red Keep.
- Tiny wieners on toothpicks would not make Theon Greyjoy very happy (but how fun!).
- Serve a pork butt or pork roast as "The Boar That Killed King Robert."
- Bake your favorite cupcake recipe. Cover toothpicks with foil and insert into frosted cupcakes to create an iron throne.
- Serve a blue curaçao cocktail (aka The Whitewalker).
- Mix up a large pitcher of sangria and put a note beside it saying, "Hopefully not poisoned, Love Joffrey."
Get creative! Share your ideas below!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.