Single on Valentine's Day: 6 Ways to Celebrate Singlehood This Valentine’s Day by Dr. Sanam Hafeez
These days, more and more women are referring to Valentine’s Day as “Single Awareness Day.” Gone are the days of moping around lonely and longing for a relationship. Many women who are fulfilling career ambitions, focusing on meeting financial goals, traveling and having fun with friends and family are perfectly fine with their singleness. When Valentine’s Day rolls around, more single women want to treat it as an excuse to have some fun. To keep the positive momentum going, here are six positive ways to celebrate singlehood this Valentine’s Day.
- Plan a trip. While everyone else is out getting overpriced meals and mediocre service, declare a date night with yourself setting the goal to plan a solo trip to see friends or family or explore another city. Many single women make the mistake of forgoing travel because they want a boyfriend to travel with. They end up burning themselves out with too much work and no play. Planning a trip is a fun forward-thinking activity that inspires creativity, imagination and optimism. When you are single you have the freedom to travel the way you want. You don’t need to consider anyone else.
- Spruce up your surroundings. When we get into nesting mode, we honor ourselves and our single status. Tidying up and simply adding new throw pillows to a sofa, a new bedspread, a new shower curtain and some candles can add new energy to your space. Another great way to celebrate your singlehood on Valentine’s Day is to decorate as you see fit. When we feel great in our living space, we are more productive. Many single women find they enjoy being able to redecorate without having anyone else offering their opinion.
- Host a party. Celebrating singlehood on Valentine’s Day can be a blast when you invite other singles over for a fun pot luck dinner or cocktail party. Share funny dating stories, play some great music and enjoy some quality time with friends. When people enter relationships, they have less time for their friends. Single people who have a solid group of friends always have something fun going on. What is interesting is the more a person loves their single life, is confident and happy on their own, the more attractive they become to others.
- Pamper yourself. Schedule your hair cut, facial, massage and declare a day of self-pampering. Many salons and spas offer Valentine’s Day specials and packages so take advantage. Some even offer after work treatments so you can go straight from work and indulge. Treating yourself to a day of beauty is a great way to tend to yourself. Single women have the time to focus on their beauty routines without anyone asking how much they spend on eyebrow waxing, facials, highlights, blow-outs and anything else you choose to do.
- Go shopping ... online. Be your own Valentine and buy yourself a present or several presents for that matter. Perhaps there’s a nice dress, handbag, shoes or fragrance that you’ve been wanting to treat yourself to. Celebrate your awesomeness with a splurge. When we shop, we get a dopamine hit, hence the term retail therapy. The key is not to let it get out of control. Set a budget and the intention to enjoy yourself. Buy yourself something that a man typically would such as jewelry. There’s something very empowering about a woman buying herself a beautiful and symbolic piece of jewelry.
- Eat the candy. Who doesn’t love chocolate? You’re your own greatest Valentine! Grab yourself your favorite Valentine’s Day candy box and allow a sweet treat. Want an endorphin boost? Eat some chocolate. Endorphins are stress minimizers and help boost our immune systems. Ladies who revel in their singlehood have no problem treating themselves to some chocolate covered berries and champagne.
Cheers to you and cheers to being single.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.