DIY Cascarones: How to Make Homemade Confetti Eggs This Easter by Tiffany Zook
Box stores only carry cascarones during the Easter season, and they sell out quickly. Many northern border stores don't carry them at all. I think everyone should enjoy cascarones (aka confetti eggs)! Confetti eggs are fun to celebrate with any time of year, for birthday parties, graduations, going away parties, gender reveals, Carnival and Cinco de Mayo.
Here's the skinny on making your own DIY cascarones:
- Try to crack only the tip off the egg and then drain. Make your favorite soufflé, flan or egg recipe with the egg whites and yolks.
- Rinse the egg shells and air dry.
- Dye or paint your egg shells bright colors, dry and fill with paper confetti.
- Seal the top of the egg with a square of tissue paper and dab of glue.
- Store in egg cartons and let the games begin.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.