How to Build a Leprechaun Trap: A Fun St. Patrick's Day Craft for Kids by Tina Buenzli
Are you looking for a St. Patrick’s Day craft to do with your kids? If so, I've got you covered with this fun DIY leprechaun trap activity for kids.
Kids know that leprechauns are mischievous little guys that can't be captured, so making a leprechaun trap with a shoe box and a stick can be exciting. This St. Patrick's Day craft is simple to make and doesn't require a lot of craft materials. All you need is a shoe box, a stick, construction paper and stickers – and your child's imagination and creativity!
- shoe box
- construction paper
Here's how to make it:
- Get a shoe box and a stick for each child.
- Decorate the box with construction paper, stickers or whatever craft supplies you choose.
- When finished, tilt up one end of the box with the stick and place some "gold" under the lid to entice the leprechauns.
- On St. Patrick's Day eve, after the kiddos are in bed asleep, cut out some tiny little feet out of green construction paper to place around the house, on floors, tables, couches, etc.
- Throw candy gold coins around the house and maybe some little shamrock pieces and cut-outs as well.
- Show the craziness of the leprechauns by tipping over a chair or two, throwing some couch cushions on the floor and putting a few drops of green food coloring in the toilets.
When you top all this all off with green eggs and ham for breakfast (with the story of course!), it makes for a magical day!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.