Pool Noodle Crafts for Kids: How to Make Fun Pool Noodle Sailboats by Elisa Schmitz
Playtime just got more fun with this easy and economical pool noodle sailboat craft for kids. Let your kids design and decorate their own and have a contest! This is an easy summer craft the entire family will enjoy and play with.
To make these pool noodle boats, you'll need pool noodles, barbecue skewers, colorful craft foam, scissors, waterproof decorative tape, waterproof markets and Styrofoam balls. Depending on the skills and age of your child, you may need to help them use scissors for this craft (always supervise when a child is using scissors). Let them get creative and decorate their boats however they like.
- pool noodle
- barbecue skewers
- colorful craft foam
- waterproof decorative tape
- waterproof markers
- Styrofoam balls
Here's how to make it:
- Parents only: Using a knife, cut a 12-inch section of a pool noodle. Cut section in half lengthwise to create a hull of a sailboat. You can cut the front into a triangle shape if you like.
- Cut various shapes from colorful craft foam – triangles, squares, circles – to create sails. Thread sails onto a barbecue skewer you use as a mast.
- Place mast into pool noodle, pointed side down. You can cover the top of the skewer with a Styrofoam ball (kids over age 3).
- Let kids decorate using waterproof tape or markers.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.