30-Minute Creamy Tarragon Chicken Recipe: An Easy One-Pan Dinner by Chef Gigi
Chicken and tarragon is a classic combination. This easy 30-minute chicken dinner combines not only chicken and tarragon, but cream and Parmesan cheese. The finished dish is rich and satisfying, and sure to be a family favorite.
To make this creamy, gluten-free tarragon chicken breast recipe you will need chicken breasts, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, white wine, Parmesan cheese, shallots, mushrooms (optional, but delicious), garlic, fresh tarragon, olive oil and butter. You may wonder how a recipe calling for two chicken breasts can feed four people. The chicken is cut in half horizontally, making it thinner, which makes it go further and cook faster.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: French / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped tarragon, plus more to garnish
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Pepper Grinder
- Try this recipe with thin-cut pork chops.
- Add any fresh herb you like to this recipe.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- Slice the chicken breasts through the center horizontally to make four even-sized, thin-cut breasts. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and brown sides until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside. Lower heat to medium.
- Add shallots and mushrooms, if using, and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat or flame and add wine. Return to the heat and use a wooden spoon to scrape off any brown bits of flavor stuck to the pan. Simmer until the wine reduces by half.
- Add chicken broth, cream, then finely chopped fresh tarragon. Turn heat to low and gently simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in Parmesan, then add salt and black pepper to taste. Simmer for another couple of minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Return the chicken to the pan and coat in the sauce. Cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Garnish with more tarragon.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 30.3g
Saturated Fat: 11.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 2.8g
Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
Total Sugars: 0.3g
Vitamin D: 16mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.