Creamy 5-Ingredient Parmesan Polenta Recipe Cooks In 5 Minutes by Chef Gigi
Polenta is simply boiled cornmeal. The dish originated in Italy and can be served creamy, or baked, fried or grilled. There are two types of polenta that you can purchase at the grocery store: regular polenta or instant polenta. The traditional polenta is made with coarse cornmeal and takes a while – sometimes up to an hour – to cook. Instant polenta is made with dried pre-cooked cornmeal and cooks up in minutes.
This creamy polenta recipe is made with instant polenta, whole milk, chicken broth, butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. This gluten-free polenta can be served as a side dish with any protein, or used as a base for cooked mushrooms, ragus or other rich and hearty toppings.
Try this creamy five-ingredient Parmesan polenta with my baked chicken marsala recipe.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- You could substitute any good melting cheese for the Parmesan.
- Store any leftover polenta in an airtight container in the fridge.
Here's How to make it:
- To a large saucepan set over medium-high heat, add broth and milk. Bring to a boil.
- While whisking vigorously, slowly pour the polenta into the boiling milk mixture. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cook polenta, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until grains are completely tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in Parmesan and butter. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.9g
Saturated Fat: 6.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 18.9g
Dietary Fiber: 1.5g
Total Sugars: 6.4g
Vitamin D: 51mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.