Grilled Banana Bread Recipe: Breakfast & Brunch Will Never Be the Same by Donna John
When I think of banana bread, I think dessert. But after having brunch with friends recently and being served a platter of grilled banana bread with butter, it's now become a breakfast and brunch recipe for me. Grilling the outside makes it a little toast-like and just begs for butter. Delicious!
You can grill pretty much any loaf of banana bread, as long as it's not overly moist or it may fall apart in the pan. The recipe below is a nut-free banana bread recipe that toasts up beautifully in a skillet or grill pan. After one bite, you may add this to your breakfast, brunch and even dessert rotation.
To make the banana bread recipe you will need overripe bananas, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. After baking and cooling the loaf, which you can do ahead of time, slice it, butter it up and grill until golden on both sides. You can serve it with butter or maple syrup for breakfast, or dust it with powdered sugar or drizzle it with honey for dessert.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or nut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- butter, for grilling and serving
- Grill Pan
- Loaf Pans
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Stand Mixer
- Airtight Containers
- You don't have to use this banana bread recipe. Any firmer banana bread will work for this recipe. If it's overly moist, it may fall apart in the skillet.
- You can added small-chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter before baking. If the pieces are too large, it may not slice neatly.
- Make your banana bread ahead of time so you can just slice, grill and serve when needed.
- If you want grill lines on your banana bread, use a grill pan.
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar, brown sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir in the mashed banana.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove and cool.
- To make the grilled banana bread, slice the bread into 1/2- to 1-inch thick slices. Spread some butter onto each side and place in a hot skillet or on a hot grill pan. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Serve immediately with more butter, dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with honey.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 10.5g
Saturated Fat: 6.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 39.8g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6g
Total Sugars: 16.7g
Vitamin D: 9mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.