Quick Grilled Halloumi & Tomato Salad Recipe Is Farmers Market Fresh by Jan Mostrom
I loved grilled halloumi. Unfortunately, my grocery store only sells it during the warmer months. I had a block of it in my fridge and some amazing farmers market tomatoes, so I made this simple caprese salad with a twist.
To make this grilled Italian-inspired salad recipe you will need fresh tomatoes, halloumi cheese, fresh basil, freshly ground black pepper and a good-quality balsamic vinegar. The halloumi is grilled in a skillet or in a grill pan. Grilling the tomatoes is optional, but does make for an interesting salad!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 medium to large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- fresh basil, sliced into strips
- fresh ground black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- Good balsamic makes everything better! Spend a little extra money to get a great aged balsamic.
- You can grill the tomatoes or not. Both versions are delicious.
- You could also drizzle the salad with a little olive oil.
Here's how to make it:
- Place a grill pan or skillet on the stove on medium-high. Coat the pan with a bit of olive oil. Place the cheese in the pan and grill for about 3 to 4 minutes per side (you want it soft but not dripping off the sides). Remove to a small platter.
- If desired, place tomatoes in the pan and grill them for 1 to 2 minutes per side. If you prefer raw tomatoes, skip this step.
- Place grilled or fresh tomatoes with the halloumi on the platter. Sprinkle with fresh basil, ground pepper and a drizzle of good balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 17.1g
Saturated Fat: 11.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 5.3g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
Total Sugars: 4.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.