Best Juicy Prime Rib Recipe: This 3-Ingredient Prime Rib Is Foodie Approved by Donna John
Prime rib has always been a little scary for me. To spend a big chunk of change on a piece of beef and to mess it up is what foodie nightmares are made of. But sometimes you've just got to give it a try, and I'm always looking for new ways to cook prime rib.
This delicious prime rib recipe is from one of my Facebook foodie groups. The prime rib is covered in mustard, doused in prime rib/steak seasoning and then baked to juicy, beefy perfection. Amazing. Just look at it!
This three-ingredient prime rib recipe will be the star of your holiday dinner. To make the prime rib recipe you just need a prime rib, mustard, prime rib or steak seasoning and fresh rosemary. Ready to get cooking?
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes to rest
Cook Time: 3 hours (approximately)
Total Time: 3 1/2 hours
- 1 prime rib (about 5 pounds)
- prime rib seasoning or steak seasoning
- fresh sprigs of rosemary (optional)
- The creator of this recipe used a German-style mustard dip, but you could use yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, German mustard, English mustard, hot mustard, spicy brown mustard, whole-grain mustard or whatever mustard you prefer.
- Same with the steak seasoning. Use your favorite store-bought seasoning or homemade steak seasoning blend.
- In addition to the fresh rosemary, you could throw in some other fresh herbs, too, like thyme or parsley.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the prime rib into a roasting pan.
- Cover all sides of the prime rib with the mustard.
- Seasoning liberally with the prime rib or steak seasoning.
- Add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until internal temperature is 130 to 133 degrees F, approximately 3 hours.
- Remove from the oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let it rest for about 30 minutes. (The temperature will continue to rise while resting.)
Photos: Michael Sanchez via Cypress Area Foodies and Fooding
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 1.7g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Total Sugars: 0.2g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.