Crispy Air Fryer Fried Eggplant Recipe Is Hard to Resist But Easy to Make by 30Seconds Food
What is it about crispy fried eggplant that makes our mouths water? This crispy fried eggplant recipe is healthier because it's cooked in your air fryer. This is a fun side dish for all sorts of proteins.
Start by salting the eggplant and letting it sit for about 15 minutes. Combine the breadcrumbs, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in one bowl, and the eggs and milk in another. Lastly, put the flour in a separate bowl. You have created your dredging station. Rinse the eggplant off and dry with paper towels before dipping into the flour, then egg then breadcrumbs. Put the eggplant in a single layer in the air fryer, mist with nonstick cooking spray and air fry for about 12 minutes, flipping after five minutes. Easy!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 11 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 31 to 32 minutes
- 1 large eggplant, cut into rounds
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or nut milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- Air Fryer
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Airtight Containers
- Pepper Grinder
- Salting the eggplant before frying helps draw out moisture, so it will get crispy and not soggy. So don't skip this step!
- Be sure to preheat your air fryer before cooking the eggplant.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the eggplant into a colander or on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little salt and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. In another bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Put the flour into another bowl.
- Rinse the salt off the eggplant and pat dry with paper towels. Dip the eggplant into flour, then into the egg then into the breadcrumbs. Put the eggplant into the air fryer in a single layer. Mist with cooking spray.
- Cook for about 5 minutes. Turn the eggplant over and cook another 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 17.3g
Saturated Fat: 9.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 26g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 3.5g
Vitamin D: 18mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.