Brazilian Churrasco Steakhouse Mashed Potato Recipe Is Outrageously Delicious by Donna John
A local Brazilian steakhouse – the ones that bring around those big skewers of meat – had the most amazing mashed potatoes. After a lot of coaxing (aka begging), they shared their garlic mashed potatoes recipe with me. I feel obliged to pass these potatoes on.
To make these steakhouse mashed potatoes you will need russet potatoes, sea salt, butter, fresh garlic, heavy cream, buttermilk, Parmesan cheese and green onions garnishing. The potatoes are simple to make and are destined to become your favorite mashed potatoes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and rough chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- butter, for serving
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Press
- Pepper Grinder
- Box Grater
- Vegetable Peeler
- Potato Masher
- If you prefer to leave the skin on your potatoes, that's fine. Just wash them well.
- Do not over-mash the potatoes or they will become gummy.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the potatoes into a pot and cover with water. Add the sea salt. Bring to a boil and cook until they are fall-apart tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the cream and cook until it begins to simmer, then remove from the heat.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Stir in the buttermilk and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the cream mixture into the potatoes and mash again. You want them creamy but not overly smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with butter and garnish with chopped green onions.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.7g
Saturated Fat: 5.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 30.3g
Dietary Fiber: 4.4g
Total Sugars: 2.7g
Vitamin D: 10mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.