Easy 6-Ingredient Ground Beef Amish Egg Noodle Casserole Recipe by 30Seconds Food
With just six ingredients, this hearty Amish ground beef casserole recipe is a surefire winner for dinner. Amish food reflects influences of Swiss and German heritage, agrarian society and keeping to tradition. Creating and cooking filling meals is a hallmark of the Amish, so if you're in the need of serious comfort food, this simple Amish casserole recipe is sure to please.
The easy ground beef casserole is made with wide egg noodles, cream of chicken soup, ground beef, condensed tomato soup, brown sugar and shredded cheese. While the Amish may have made their own cream of chicken soup base and tomato soup for this recipe, we went the shortcut route and use store-bought soups. It's a time-saver most of use will appreciate! (You can buy healthier versions of these soups.) The prepared casserole bakes in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Serve this easy egg noodle casserole recipe with your favorite side dishes. We like adding a vegetable and fresh garden salad with homemade dressing. (Try this Amish lettuce dressing recipe.)
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 package (12 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack or Colby-Jack cheese
- You could substitute fettuccine or spaghetti noodles for the egg noodles.
- Try this recipe with ground turkey or ground chicken.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot. Pour in the cream of chicken soup and mix well.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet until cooked through. Add the tomato soup and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put half of the ground beef mixture on the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with 1/2 cup of the cheese and half of the noodle mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the remaining cheese. Be sure to cover the top completely with the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 12.1g
Saturated Fat: 4.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 43.8g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9g
Total Sugars: 10.8g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.