Grandma's Savory 6-Ingredient Olive Focaccia Bread Recipe by 30Seconds Food
If you're anything like us, the smell of fresh, homemade bread baking in your oven takes you back to treasured times. The aroma from this easy Italian olive focaccia bread recipe will transport you to an Italian grandma's kitchen, where life is a bit simpler (and so very delicious).
If you liked our popular six-ingredient skillet rosemary focaccia bread recipe, then you will love this savory six-ingredient olive focaccia bread recipe. Here are the simple ingredients you need in order to make Grandma's delicious olive bread: flour, instant dry yeast, sea salt, olive oil, water and green olives. Add some fresh thyme or rosemary on top, if desired, as an optional garnish.
Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and dotted with salty green (or black) olives, this easy olive focaccia bread recipe is a winner. Serve this delicious bread with your favorite soup, or as a side dish with dinner or even sliced for sandwiches for lunch. You'll love that it makes just about any meal so much better!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 35 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup green olives
- fresh chopped thyme or rosemary (optional)
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Food Processor
- Rubber Spatula
- Loaf Pans
- Baking Pan
- Stand Mixer
- Kitchen Towels
- To reheat the bread, put it in the oven on low heat until it warms up.
- Black olives could be substituted for the green olives. You can use more or less olives, depending on your preferences.
- Garnish with thyme or rosemary, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, yeast, salt, olive oil and water. Mix until a dough forms.
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface. Knead the dough about 5 minutes.
- Put the dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let it sit for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Put the dough into a baking pan and spread it to cover the bottom completely. Use your thumb to make indentations across the top of the dough.
- Put an olive into each indentation. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt and fresh rosemary or thyme, if using.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 10.4g
Saturated Fat: 1.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 29.9g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 0.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.