Quick & Easy Oyster Dressing Recipe Cooks On the Stovetop by 30Seconds Food
If you're one of those people who grew up eating oyster dressing on Thanksgiving, here's a shortcut oyster stuffing recipe to try. It'll be ready before the turkey is done resting.
This quick and easy oyster dressing recipe cooks on the stovetop in a skillet. You don't need a lot of ingredients to make this dressing either. Here is your short shopping list: butter, celery, onion, sage, poultry seasoning, chicken or vegetable broth and canned oysters.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) dry cornbread stuffing mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) oysters, drained (reserve liquid)
- Adjust the amounts of sage and poultry seasoning to fit your tastes.
- If you like a crunchier top, pop it under the broiler for a minute to crisp it up. You can put it into a baking dish to do this or use an ovenproof skillet.
Here's how to make it:
- In a skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons butter and cook the celery and onion until soft, about 8 to 9 minutes. Stir in the sage and poultry seasoning, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Turn off the heat.
- In a pot, bring the broth, water and butter to a boil. Turn the heat to low and add the cornbread stuffing mix. Stir until the broth has been absorbed.
- Add the oysters and celery-onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well, adding some of the reserved oyster liquid if the mixture is not moist enough. You can serve immediately or transfer it to a baking dish and pop it under the broiler for a minute if you like a brown top.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.6g
Saturated Fat: 5.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 5.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
Total Sugars: 1.4g
Vitamin D: 5mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.