Cheesy 5-Ingredient Meatball Casserole Recipe Is an Easy Fan Favorite by 30Seconds Food
Meatballs are always a family favorite for dinner, so this easy meatball casserole recipe can become a go-to recipe for those busy weeknights (or anytime). This cheesy casserole recipe is a true fan favorite.
You only need five simple ingredients to make this meatball casserole recipe. Here's what you need: pre-made meatballs, spaghetti sauce, baby spinach, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. The Parmesan cheese and basil are optional garnishes. You bake up this meaty casserole until it's a pan of cheesy goodness, then sink your teeth into the deliciousness.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 packages pre-made meatballs (or your favorite homemade meatball recipe)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, for serving (optional)
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Airtight Containers
- Pepper Grinder
- You can use Monterey Jack or even Gruyere cheese instead of mozzarella.
- For a spicy kick, add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add some Parmesan cheese and basil as optional garnishes.
- To make this casserole gluten-free, make sure the meatballs and sauce you use are gluten-free.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The casserole freezes well and reheats easily in the microwave.
Here's how to make it:
- Bake the meatballs on a baking sheet at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- Combine the spaghetti sauce and spinach. Pour into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Top with the meatballs.
- Add dollops of ricotta cheese around the meatballs. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Pop back into the 375-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and chopped fresh basil, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.2g
Saturated Fat: 4.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 14.8g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Total Sugars: 9.9g
Vitamin D 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.