Brandy Roasted Maple-Glazed Carrots Recipe Will Wow Them by Chef Gigi
You will never look at carrots the same way again after making this roasted carrots and apples recipe. The brandy elevates it to Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas or dinner party level, but it would be just as welcomed on a Monday or Thursday.
The low-sodium carrots and onions are tossed with orange juice, olive oil, brandy, salt and black pepper and baked for about 30 minutes. (Be sure to baste them as they cook!) The gluten-free carrots are removed from the oven and the sliced apples are added. Drizzle everything with maple syrup. Put the carrots and apples back into the oven and bake until tender and golden.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 to 55 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes to 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 - 8 large rainbow or regular carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise and again into 3- to 4-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, cut in half and then cut into large julienne strips
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 medium tart apples, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch thick wedges
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, preferably light amber
- 1/4 cup brandy
- fresh herbs, for garnish
- If you don't have maple syrup, you could use honey.
- Don't like cooking with alcohol? Use apple cider instead of brandy.
- You could omit the apples and use a couple more carrots instead.
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a large shallow casserole dishes with olive oil. Set aside. (If too small use two separate casserole dishes.)
- In a bowl, toss the carrots and onions with the orange juice, oil, salt and pepper, and brandy. Coat well. Place carrots and onions in baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes, basting during baking time. Remove from the oven and carefully add the apples, wedging them in throughout the carrots. Drizzle with the maple syrup.
- Return the carrots and apples to the oven and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy at the edges. Adjust seasoning, if desired, with more salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.9g
Saturated Fat: 0.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 27.5g
Dietary Fiber: 4.6g
Total Sugars: 19.2g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.