Chef's Easy 2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe: A Tasty Twist On Hash Browns by Chef Gigi
When it comes to hash browns, who says russet potatoes should have all the fun? Sweet potatoes are a tasty twist on the classic hash browns recipe. If you like hash browns and if you like sweet potatoes, then you will love this easy two-ingredient sweet potato hash browns recipe!
Here's your short and sweet, budget-friendly shopping list for this unexpected approach to hash browns: sweet potatoes and butter or coconut oil. That's it! The cinnamon sprinkle on top is optional.
Serve these yummy, gluten-free hash browns warm, topped with plain Greek yogurt mixed with fresh chives, or your other favorite dip or sauce. These sweet potatoes make a great side dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They also work well as an unexpected appetizer or as a low-sodium snack any time of day!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and grated through the large grates of a box grater
- 4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- cinnamon (optional topping)
- Mixing Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Airtight Containers
- Box Grater
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Top with plain Greek yogurt mixed with fresh chives, or your other favorite dipping sauce.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top, if desired.
- Store leftovers in a container in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or skillet if you'd like them crispy.
Here's how to make them:
- In a very large cast iron pan or heavy-bottomed sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter per batch on high so that the butter bubbles but doesn't brown.
- Working in two batches, scoop four spoonfuls of grated sweet potatoes into the pan, forming small rounds by gently pressing to spread with the back of a spatula. Allow each batch of sweet potatoes to brown and caramelize about 4-5 minutes each side. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Continue with the remainder of the grated potato mixture until all are cooked. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top, if desired.
- Serve with Greek yogurt or your favorite dipping sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 11.6g
Saturated Fat: 7.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 18.7g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7g
Total Sugars: 0.3g
Vitamin D: 8mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.