Baked Eggplant Parmesan Recipe Is So Good No One Will Miss the Meat by Donna John
Eggplant parmesan is not only a hearty, meatless meal, this recipe is healthier because it's not fried. Try this baked eggplant casserole on your family – even those who are not big fans of eggplant have been known to love it.
To make this easy baked eggplant parmesan you will need eggplants, panko breadcrumbs, dried Italian seasoning, sea salt, eggs, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped basil. The eggplant is breaded then baked in the oven until golden and crispy. The cooked eggplant is then layered with marinara sauce and cheese before being baked.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 55 minutes
- 2 eggplants, sliced into rounds
- 1 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (25 ounces) of your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped basil
- Don't cut the eggplant too think or it could fall apart after baking.
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the panko, Italian seasoning and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add the eggs and beat well.
- Dip the eggplant into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Place on a cookie sheet that’s been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven about 20 to 25 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- In a rectangular casserole dish, spread about 1/2 cup of sauce over the bottom. Place half of the eggplant over the sauce.
- Spread another 1 cup of the sauce over the eggplant. Cover with half of the mozzarella and half of the Parmesan and a little chopped fresh basil. Repeat layers.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese melts and starts to brown. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.