Pigs in a Blanket Recipe: The Most Loved Appetizer Recipe for Game Day by Donna John
What is it about little sausages wrapped in dough that we love so much? Maybe it's because this classic snack or party food is so easy to make, and is good warm or at room temp. This is the absolute easiest pigs in a blanket recipe ever. Two ingredients and about 10 minutes in the oven. Can an appetizer recipe get any easier?
To make these meaty hot appetizers you will need just two ingredients. Here is your very short shopping list: crescent roll dough (Mama Kelce uses them for her famous dinner rolls) and cocktail wieners. The crescent rolls are cut into smaller pieces and wrapped around the smoked sausages. Bake them for 10 to 15 minutes (ovens vary) and serve hot out of the oven or at room temperature.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- crescent roll dough (I use Pillsbury Crescent Rolls)
- small smoked sausages (I use Hillshire Farms Little Smokies)
- You could use cheese cocktail wieners instead of plain. Or, wrap a small slice of cheese around the cocktail wiener before wrapping it with the dough.
- Pigs in the blanket or delicious hot out of the oven or at room temperature. You can reheat them quickly in the microwave.
Here's how you make it:
- Unroll and separate the can of crescent roll dough. Cut each rectangle in half or thirds, depending on how much dough you want around the sausage. You can even leave them whole.
- Place a cocktail sausage on the end of the dough strip and wrap it up. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.9g
Saturated Fat: 2.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 7.4g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 1.8g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.