9 Creative & Healthy Breakfast Toast Ideas to Banish Boring Breakfasts Forever by Jennison Grigsby
Sometimes it's hard to get creative for breakfast. You can get stuck in a boring toast rut. But who says toast has to be boring? From hummus to avocado, and from coconut to feta, there are lots of interesting flavors to wake up your taste buds.
Prep Time: 9 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 toasts, your choice of toppings
- hummus and cucumbers
- olive oil and nutritional yeast
- melted coconut oil and cinnamon
- cashew butter and sliced strawberries
- avocado and tomatoes with a poached egg
- grated tomato with olive oil and sea salt
- feta cheese, with cherry tomatoes
- cream cheese with cucumber slices
- feta cheese with avocado slices
Here's how to make them:
- Toast your preferred bread slices (whole wheat, bagel, etc.), then choose from the following 9 options.
- Add hummus and sliced cucumbers to your toast for a high-protein option.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle on nutritional yeast for a cheesy, yet vegan alternative.
- Spread a spoonful of melted coconut oil on your toast and sprinkle cinnamon to sweeten up your morning.
- Change up your regular peanut butter and jelly with cashew butter and sliced strawberries.
- Add sliced or mashed avocado and tomatoes for a classic, California-style breakfast toast. Add a poached egg for extra protein!
- Use a cheese grater and grate the "meat" of a tomato onto your toast. Drizzle olive oil and add sea salt for a typical Spanish breakfast.
- Spread feta cheese on your toast and top with cherry tomatoes.
- Spread cream cheese on your toast and top with cucumber slices.
- Spread feta cheese on your toast and top with avocado slices.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.