Dump-and-Bake Meatball Pasta Casserole Recipe (4 Ingredients) by 30Seconds Food
This dump-and-bake meatball pasta casserole recipe is what busy weeknight dreams are made of. Why? Because there's just four ingredients, minimal prep and you just dump all the ingredients into a casserole dish and bake. Nope, you don't have to cook the pasta before you assemble the casserole. So easy!
The ingredients are probably already in your kitchen: dried pasta, marinara sauce, frozen meatballs and shredded mozzarella cheese. Everything is put into a 13x9-inch baking dish, stirred, covered and baked until the pasta is tender. Once it's tender, uncover and top with the shredded cheese. Bake a few more minutes and dinner is ready to be served.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: American / Italian
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 package (16 ounces) short pasta
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 package (14 to 16 ounces) fully cooked meatballs, thawed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Use whatever short pasta you like for this meatball casserole. Ziti, penne, rotini, elbows, cavatappi or fusilli are good options.
- If you don't want to use frozen meatballs, use your favorite homemade meatball recipe, but be sure to cook them before adding to the other ingredients.
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the uncooked pasta into the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Add the marinara sauce, meatballs and 3 cups of water. Stir. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Uncover and stir. If the pasta is to your desired tenderness, top with the cheese and bake about 10 minutes more. If not, cover it back up and continue to bake a few more minutes, then add the cheese.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 20.9g
Saturated Fat: 8.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 136.3g
Dietary Fiber: 8.9g
Total Sugars: 15.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.