Cranberry Apple Cole Slaw Recipe: A Colorful & Healthy Winter Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
"A bright, fresh (and simple) recipe to serve some crisp veggies alongside your favorite meals this season," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "I created this coleslaw for the holidays as it has such beautiful Christmas holiday colors and flavors – but I think this would be equally delicious served alongside a juicy BBQ rib in the middle of July."
"Cabbage is a very underrated vegetable in my opinion. In terms of price per cup, a report by the Department of Agriculture has shown cabbage to be the second most economical vegetable in terms of price per edible cup. Many people don’t know what a powerhouse cabbage really is. I’ve been eating it on the regular for the past several years, in soups, roasted, quick stir fries and in coleslaw or salad."
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium green cabbage, shredded or thinly chopped
- 1/2 a small purple cabbage, shredded or thinly chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped into matchsticks
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, halved, or 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped raw pecans or walnuts
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt or plain coconut yogurt
- 1/3 cup homemade mayonnaise or your favorite store-bought mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Airtight Containers
- Mandoline Slicer
- Rachel recommends trying this cole slaw recipe with fresh cranberries rather than dried especially if you’re making this for the holiday season. "Fresh cranberries lend a wonderful tangy bright flavor to this salad while also providing a festive feel." We agree!
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to two days.
Here's how to make it:
- In a large bowl add the shredded cabbage. Season the cabbage with sea salt and pepper, then use your clean hands to massage the cabbage until it starts to shrink a bit.
- Add in the apple, cranberries, pecans and green onions.
- In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients then whisk together really well. Add the dressing over the coleslaw salad and toss to combine. Taste test then adjust seasonings, as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Clean Food Crush®.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.6g
Saturated Fat: 1.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 15.1g
Dietary Fiber: 2.6g
Total Sugars: 7.3g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.