Creamy Pear Pie Recipe With a Toasted Coconut Crust Tastes Like Fall by Donna John
This is my all-time favorite pie. Well, it's in the top two (can't forget my grandma's pecan pie). When I made this creamy pear pie recipe last, the recipe card was in such bad shape I almost had trouble reading it. To safeguard this incredible pie recipe, I'm sharing it with you. You. Are. Welcome. It's out-of-this-world good. Why not try it this Thanksgiving?
To make this creamy pear pie recipe you need butter, brown sugar, shredded coconut, flour, pear juice (from a can of pears), milk, eggs and vanilla. For serving, have some cinnamon-sugar and whipped cream ready to go. After baking the crust ingredients until golden and pressing into a pie plate, you cook the simple filling on the stovetop. The pie needs to chill before being cut and served. To serve, the reserved canned pears are rolled in cinnamon-sugar and put on top of each individual piece, then dollop with whipped cream.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes plus time to chill
Servings: 8 (makes 1 pie)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup pear juice (from a 16-ounce can pears in heavy syrup)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pear slices (from the drained 16-ounce can of pears in heavy syrup)
- cinnamon-sugar (1/4 cup granulated sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- whipped cream
- Watch the crust closely while it bakes. It can burn easily (I've done this quite often!).
- You can decorate the pie when it's whole instead of doing individual slices.
- Store the pie covered in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- To make the crust, combine all the crust ingredients in a baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes, stirring a couple times to distribute the butter.
- When golden, remove from the oven.
- Pour into a pie plate.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides. Set aside.
- To make the filing, in a saucepot combine the brown sugar and flour. Whisk to combine. Whisk in the pear juice and milk. Cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Remove about a 1/2 cup of the filling and stir it into the eggs to temper them. Pour the eggs back into the saucepot and boil about 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter and vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, dip the reserved pear slices into the cinnamon-sugar. Cut the pie into slices, place a couple pears on each slice and add a dollop of whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 14.9g
Saturated Fat: 9.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 35.4g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 18.8g
Vitamin D: 12mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.