Red Cocoa Cupcakes Recipe: A Moist Vegan Cupcake Recipe Without Artificial Colors by Chef Gigi
Looking for a festive dessert recipe without artificial coloring? Try this easy sugar beets cupcakes recipe. This is the perfect cupcake for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day.
Beets in cupcakes? Absolutely. Beets are a versatile vegetable with an earthy flavor well suited for a variety of dishes. Beets are delicious and nutritious, packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
Plus, that pop of red color is absolutely stunning. Whether you use beets as a vegetable, a savory side dish or a delicious dessert, we think you'll fall in love with beets after trying this yummy red sugar beets cocoa cupcakes recipe for the holidays. No one will know this recipe is vegan, either! So delicious.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Servings: About 12
- 1 cup puréed fresh red sugar beets (fresh cooked, not canned)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, slightly heated to pourable state
- 1 1/4 cup granulated organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons natural cocoa powder (do not use Dutch-processed cocoa for this batter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup almond milk or substitute
Here's how to make them:
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, add the beet purée. Fitted with the whip attachment, whisk on medium-high speed and slowly begin to combine the beet purée with the oil by adding the oil in slow, yet steady, stream hitting the interior side of the bowl. Continue until all the oil is incorporated.
- Add the sugar and the vanilla extract. Beat an additional minute.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and nut milk until incorporated into the batter. Continue to beat until combined.
- Divide among cupcake liners, filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and keep in an airtight container. Frost as desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.