3-Ingredient Sweet Glazed Carrots Recipe Kicks Carrots Up a Notch by Donna John
Kick your carrots up a notch with this easy glazed carrots recipe. The sugar helps the carrots caramelize, which adds depth of flavor to this family favorite. This easy carrot recipe will be one that's requested over and over again.
All you need for this carrot recipe is baby carrots, butter and granulated sugar. The carrots are cooked in a little water with sugar until crispy-tender (not mushy!). Once the water has evaporated the carrots will take on a little color from the pan.
You can't lose with this sweet carrot side dish! Carrots are always a hit for dinner, and you can double the recipe for larger families. To add more flavor, you could add a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- For color, garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Here’s how to make it:
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the carrots, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add just enough water to cover. Turn heat up to high, cover and cook about 5 minutes. (Do not add too much water or carrots will be mushy.)
- Uncover and continue to cook over medium-high heat until water evaporates, about 5 to 7 minutes. Continue to cook a few more minutes to allow carrots to caramelize and begin to slightly brown. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.